It's Been Awhile: Update


Image By MakeUseOf

It has been over a year since my last post.  College and track have pretty much taken over my life and I just never had the time to do much else.

So much has happened since the last post.  I am half-way done with my undergraduate education at Penn State, which is somewhat terrifying to me.  I am finishing up my second track season for the school.  Last season ended on a really great note, with second places in the shot put and javelin, and the first place in the discus at Nationals!

Earlier this school year, I had an AWESOME internship with the local branch of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party.  I cannot put into words how much I loved it and hope to do something similar again.  The best part?  I met a lot of really amazing people who have become lifelong friends.  Through the internship, I was able to canvass and phonebank for local Democratic candidates.  Towards the Midterms of 2018, I was able to travel to another town and help run their hub for canvassing, phone-banking, and getting voters to the polls.

Oh and I almost forgot, I received a new wheelchair.  A post about the headache that accompanied that wheelchair will come soon.

So what's happening in my life this summer?  I have a meet later this week and Nationals again in July.  In a few weeks, I will be traveling Up North to visit family that I have not seen in a while.  Then, I am traveling to Washington, D.C. for a week to participate in a program hosted by the ACLU.  This program would allow me to meet with politicians, get a taste for what law school will be like, and network with ACLU attorneys to get my career jumpstarted.  Then, it is back to Penn State for my third year.

That's about it, now you are pretty much caught up with my life.  I have some ideas for future posts, such as the wheelchair debacle, pop culture topics relating to disability, etc.  Let me know if there are any posts you guys would like to see in the future.   I do not have a set schedule right now, but I hope to establish one in the future.

See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To One of My Heroes: Thank You.

Reasonable Accommodations and an Unreasonable Response

DC Trails Fiasco